Before I let her take over. I just want to remind you about Sarah Kinney. I recently posted her interview. I have so much respect for her. If you read the post before this one, you read how I have made competing in bodybuilding competition my goal. It is going to be a long road, but I will get there. I will get there because I have allowed Sarah to take over my training. I have that much faith in her that I am going to follow her lead. She is someone I just met, but am so proud and honored to know. In her interview I mentioned briefly that she would be doing a weekly column for this blog. A change of pace. I have other ideas that you will soon see, such as certain women doing weekly updates on their prep as the begin to get ready to compete. But Sarah's column will strictly be about whatever she wants to write about. I know you will like it and like Sarah and that she will make the impact on you she made on me. This will be a weekly thing, and more if she wants. Now I will give way to Sarah.
Hello fellow strong, beautiful, and amazing females!
Well, as Jason mentioned in my interview, I will be writing a weekly little blurb on life, training, diet, recipe ideas, probably even some dating frustrations, and my attempt at meshing it all together without going completely insane.
So a little refresher course on who I am.
My name is Sarah; I'm 26 years old and live in Southern California. I work full-time as a Mechanical Engineer, and while about 75% of the time I love what I do, the other 25% leaves me longing for something totally different. But that's beside the point, for now...
As you can probably tell just by the nature of this site and the fact that I'm writing for i0 I'm a fitness fanatic. I love working out. I love the feeling I get the second I step into that stinky gym, hell, I even love the stink. I love how I can forget about my long day behind the computer screen and those darn "big wigs" breathing down my neck to get a project out. I love how I can turn up my headphones and listen to whatever I want and block out the worries in my world. Not to mentioned the feeling and rush I get from pushing and pulling as hard and heavy as I can, telling myself I can finish that particular set, even when I'm not sure I can. Now, cardio....That's another story that I'd most of the time rather live without- too bad it's a necessary evil!
I've only done one figure competition, on December 5th 2009. I'm a total NOOB when it comes to competing. It was a goal of mine for YEARS- five to be exact, and I went through many trials and tribulations before finally making it to the stage (which I'll save those stories for later blogging). But, low and behold, I finally made it and couldn't have had a better experience!
My life outside the gym is very typical for a 26 year old. Well, I take that back.... I guess not many twenty-something single girls would rather go o the gym and cook chicken in bulk on a Friday night than carouse the local bars for her future husband. However, even if I weren't so into this lifestyle, I'm nearly positive the local bar would be the last place I'd look for my future baby-daddy. But who am I to talk, I do have a profile on a FREE online dating site, but really, where do you meet (quality) people now-a-days? If you are reading this and happen to know someone please give them my email addy =D
My overall goal for this column is to write about anything and everything. I'm not shy, so I'm excited to share my experiences at making an honest attempt to balance training (in both the off season and the hectic contest season), my job, my friends, my family, dating, dieting, and just living life as normal as possible.
"set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there" - Bo Jackson