Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cindy Gregoire Interview







Cindy Gregoire is a beautiful Figure competitor who also does some modeling work. One look at her and you can see why she does the modeling work. But if you take a second look you will also see an amazing figure. She is the kind of woman who everyone in the Fitness Industry should be a fan of. A love for what she does and it comes across in both this interview and by talking with her. She can become very big in the Industry, and I believe she will.



Q: First, Cindy, thanks for taking the time out to do this.
A: And I would like to thank you as well for the great opportunity.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: I am from a small town near Quebec City, very French and cold. My dad, uncle, aunt and brother are all teachers.... I can say that I`m the only athlete in my family.

Q: Before the gym, where you always an athletic person? Play any sports?
A: I started Figure Skating when I was 8 years old. The first couple years, I was skating single but I switched and was performing better in Ice Dancing due to my height.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: After a Figure Skating injury I started training to strength my legs and lower back. Unfortunately I had to quit skating and find a new passion in physical training.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before yous tarted to see results?
A: Yes I did picked up fairly easy because I`ve always practiced sports. And I made some changes in my nutrition, the results were quick.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you decide to compete?
A: A friend of mine from Qc City was competing in Fitness(Christine Bergeron), but I didn`t have a gymnastic background. In 2002 during my personal trainer certification, I met my coach(Marc Sauvestre,who was Christine`s coach) and we talk about a new division(Figure) that wasn`t requiring a routine. Since I was model for couple years, we thought it was a great idea to give it a try.... and got addicted!! lol

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and how about now?
A: I`m very blessed to have such a supportive family and close friends, everything that makes me happy they`ll always support and respect.

Q: Was the first contest what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: Oh yes, I will always remember that day!! In the morning I got caught in downtown Montreal traffic, my ex forgot his tickets at the hotel. He decided to go back to get them... I barely made it to the prejudging and stepped onstage without make-up, I placed 4th. Later that day was the Provincial show, since I made top 5 I was qualified, with make-up this time and different judges.... I won my class, that was surprising!!

Q: Can you share your contest history.

2009 CBBF Fitness & Figure Nationals, 2nd place tall class
2006 CBBF Fitness & Figure Nationals, 4th place tall class
2004 CBBF Fitness & Figure Nationals, 3rd place tall class
2004 Provincial Figure, tall class winner and Overall winner
2003 Provincial Figure, tall class winner
2003 Montreal Figure, 4th place

Q: What do you consider your best body part or the one that gets the most compliments?
A: Thanks to my 10 years of Figure Skating, I have to say my legs.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: I love the pain that the leg workout gives me, and also like training shoulders.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: Off-season I`m not doing any cardio then add a 30min. 3x a week the couple months before a show. As for my diet, off-season I`m eating more carbs and slowly cutting them but always eat a fair amount. Due to my fast metabolism, I always have to make sure to eat my 6-7 meals a day, every 2.5-3 hours.

Q: When someone sees or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common response? More positive or negative?
A: More positive: wow it takes a lot of discipline. More negative: wow that`s not a way to live.

Q: when they see or hear it that first time, what is the one question you re sick of hearing?
A: "How much do you bench??" lol

Q: What is the biggest misconception bout women who train and compete?
A: For average women, I`ll say that they are scared of weight training cuz they think they will become big. And for women that compete, they think bigger is the key while condition is always more rewarded.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: Of course, Monica Brant and Adela Garcia always been my favorites.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Oh yes... poutine, typical French Canadian food!! Also love Mexican, Vietnamese and Italian food.

A: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The best: meeting so many great people. The worst: not having a social life the months before a show.

Q: If a woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Well, I think that EVERYBODY should train!! ;-)

Q: Obviously you are very beautiful. Is fitness modelling something that interests you?
A: Thank you very much Jason!! Yes, with having couple years of modelling behind my back, now I certainly want to push more into fitness modelling.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: During our cold winter here in Canada, I like to go skating outside. In summertime, I always enjoy rollerblading or a good volleyball game. I love reading any kind of books, watching funny movies, and when it`s football season I always watch the games.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Cindy Gregoire.
A: Wake up and cook breakfast immediately. Then cook and pack the meals for the day. Work. Train. Back home, cleaning then sleep.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: Hmmm.... maybe my age or still single........

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show, and musician?

A: Favorite actor: Denzel Washington and Charlize Theron
Favorite movie: Terminator 2
Favorite TV show: America`s Next Top Model
Favorite musician: Michael and Janet Jackson

Q: Describe Cindy Gregoire in Five words.
A: Athletic, Passionate, Honest, Smiling, Extremist

Q: Any set plans for 2010 as far as competing or anything else?
A: My next show will be the Canadian Natural Physique(used to be called World Qualifier) held in Laval, Quebec on April 3rd. It is the first year they are giving a Pro card to the Overall winners. Since it`s in my hometown, I`m very excited that my friends and family will see me competing. And I`m looking to do as much photo shoots as possible and launch my website.

Q: Anything you want to take the opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I first want to thank you for the great opportunity!! I want to thank my best friend Caroline and my amazing coach Marc, both always supported me and pushed me to my limits. And everyday my thoughts are with my close friend Valerie, who`s my guardian angel that gives me the strength and courage to never quit on my goals..... RIP Valerie, love you!! And thank you to my great friend Mike and my dear family for being so nice to me!!

Q: Are you looking for sponsors. If so how can they contact you and what are they getting in Cindy Gregoire the athlete and competitor?
A: Yes, always great to have sponsors, it`ll be an honor to represent a supplement company or any other company. I can help them promote their products to my clients and friends, and I`ll be honor to try their products.

Q; Thanks again for doing this Cindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment