Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Competitors Edge

Competitors Edge:
A Weekly Blog By Nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

By popular demand, I will be dedicating this blog to how I personally season my foods. Many of my friends and clients have asked what they should sue to flavor their meals. I know tastes do vary but if you would like to try some new seasonings that are healthy and delicious here is what I use:
1. PAM- 1/3 spray, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
2. Lemon Juice- Any brand
3. McCormick
a. Pure Ground Black Pepper
b. Ground Cinnamon (which I use in my oatmeal)
c. Pumpkin Pie Spice (which I use in my oatmeal)
4. Mrs. Dash Salt-free Seasoning
a. Table Blend
b. Garlic & Herb
c. Fiesta Lime
d. Carribean Citrus
e. Extra Spicy
5. Lawry's- Seasoned Pepper (no salt)
6. Stevia Extract In The Raw- from the makers of sugar in the raw
7. Amy's Low Sodium Marinara Organic Pasta Sauce
8. Marilyn's Salsa Restaraunt Style MILD- Naturally low carb & fat free
9. Emeril's Smooth Honey Mustard
10. Palo Alto Fire Fighter Pepper Sauce- (Great-healthy hot sauce my husband and I found on our trip to key West. PLUS the proceeds go to cahrity :) here is the website www.peppersofkeywest.com

Remember that fresh herbs are also great such as basil, mint, and rosemary. You may have to go through a lot of different seasonings, but you will eventually find something that works with your meals.

If you have any questions or any seasoning, sauce, or herbs that work well and is healthy please let me know. I would lvoe to try it.

Much Love to All,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment