Monday, January 18, 2010

Shirley Madera Contest Prep Journal

So another week full week has past and alot has happened. Those major changes I spoke about have started. The first of those changes has occurred. The personal training company I work for moved out of Gold's Gym after being there for about 5 years, my boss has worked there for 10 years. We have moved the company to "Extreme Fitness" the largest fitness facility in Hernando County with top of the line, state of the art equipment. So needless to say its been a fairly stressful week but with a nice ending on a business level. We all went out to dinner on Friday night to celebrated the two companies coming together and I was allowed to "cheat" just a little. Quess what I got to eat, I ate grilled grouper, with sofito infused smashed potatos and diced sweet plantins. Oh yeah, I ordered dessert to go, guava cheesecake, yummy, but I can only eat a tiny bit. The sugar will kill me, my body does not process sugar at all. The one thing I don't do is drink which is good because I don't drink my calories. Now that a great way to end a stressful week...

My competition is on April 16, 2010. I am 13 weeks out and now the fun begins. My diet or meal plan is being revised. Since finding out that I have Celiac Disease, we need to be careful with my nutrition plan. We have also found out that because of Celiac, I don't digest all foods properly. As soon as I get the revision I will let you know.
As for training, it is going to become more intense. I got a chance last week to try out some of the new equipment, talk about different angles making a difference. I felt every part of my body for the week, every body part was thoroughly worked until it fatigued. I got to use the HumanSport machines. The are cables run but allow amazing angles through out the exercises plus supersetting and giant sets are possible with minimal adjustments. Amazing!!!! I look forward to a whole new world of hurt for this week. I am definitely working legs twice a week and hitting it hard on the other body parts. I am lifting heavy. Heavier than some, well, most of the guys, I love it. As for my cardio, I am doing 45 minutes total. At least 30 minutes on the stepper and the remaining 15 on either the Freemotion Incline trainer (treadmill w/ 30 degree incline and -3 degree decline) and/or the freemotion glider.

I will confess that I did not get my pushups and pullups done this week, so I need to buckle down this week and get it together and get it done!!

I will try to report how my workouts are going on a timely and regular basis.
You are my accountability...write back to me anytime at zumbalicious@yahoo.com. I look forward to hear from all of you.

Train like a freak,

Shirley Madera
Progress Personal Training
352-848-5027
http://www.pgnnutrition.com/shop/33

No comments:

Post a Comment