Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Competitors Edge

A Weekly Blog By Nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

Hello to all!!! I am now 7 weeks out from my competition and I am already starting to get "creative" with my meals. As many of you already know, flavor is one of teh key components to keeping cravingss away and increasing the satsifaction of your meals. I would like to share with you this week an AMAZING dish my husband made for me.

Ingredients:
* 2 sprays of PAM
* 3 TBS. Lemon Juice
* 1 TBS. Jim Beam BBQ Sauce
* 1/4 of a Red Onion (diced)
* 5 Sun Dried Tomatoes (halves sliced)
* 1/2 Cup Brown Rice (cooked/steamed)
* 4 oz. Turkey (chopped)
* 1 cup Greens (chopped) (any steamed greens you would like, asparagus/broccoli)

Directions:
In a glass baking dish, fill bottom with lemon juice, place turkey breasts in dish, sprinkle with garlic pwder and pepper. Cover baking dish with foil and put in the oven for 35 minutes at 375*. Let turkey cool and slcie thinly.

In a large pan, spray 2 sprays of PAM and combine lemon juice and BBQ sauce. Once the sauce is warmed over low heat, add brown rice, chopped red onion, sliced tomatoes, and cooked turkey. When all teh ingredients are hot; lunch is served. I lvoe to eat mine with chop sticks!! It makes me feel like it is a cheat meal :-)

*Remember*
You can change the amounts based on your own nutritional needs. My nutritionist has recommended that I eat for lunch, 4 oz. tirkey, 1/2 cup brown rice, and 1 cup asparagus.

If you have any additional questions feel free to psot a comment on this blog. Also, if you would like to ask a question and don't want to ask it in a blog setting, feel free to email me at vanessaprebyl2000@yahoomail.com.

Quote of the week:
Don't count the days, make the days count"
Muhammad Ali

Talk to you all next week!
-Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment