Friday, February 12, 2010

Kristi Bruce Interview










If you like bodybuilding or bodybuilders, you have to like Kristi Bruce. Sometimes you can say "I think she will earn her pro card one day", but in Kristi's case, it isn't "I think", it is "I know". Often you can point to a certain bodypart and say that you would put that part up with the best in the sport. Kristi, has traps and bi's that I would put up against anyone. But don't get me wrong, the entire physique is outstanding. To top it off Kristi is one of the most beautiful women you will ever come across. Kristi is someone I can guarantee you will be seeing more and more of, and is well on her way to being a top name in the sport. So here is your chance to learn a little more about her, and then go visit her great new website www.kristibruceonline.com

Q: First, Kristi, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: You are quite welcome!

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: Well, I am from a small town in Kentucky. I am one of 3 biological children ( I am the baby). However, my dad, who raised us, got remarried when I was 16, so now I have a very large extended family.

Q: Before bodybuilding, were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports?
A: Actually, I am one of the most uncoordinated people on the planet. I was the book worm. I sought out bodybuilding because when school was getting ready to end, I didn't have a competitive outlet anymore. I had nothing to make me feel talented like school made me feel.

Q: What initially led you into the gym, and was bodybuilding the goal from day one?
A: I just knew that from day one I was strong, and I liked the way it made me feel. I finally felt good about the way I looked, so I just became addicted to the gym. It was many years before I started competing.

Q: Was weight training something you picked up fairly easy? How soon before yous tarted to see results?
A: I was strong from the beginning and I was lucky because I was surrounded by guys that pushed me to workout correctly.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you decide to compete?
A: It was almost 6 years after I started training that I finally stepped on stage. I guess I just thought it was time to see if I could do it.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and how about now?
A: When I first started competing, no one understood it. They didn't know why I would put myself trough it. My dad always loved it because I did, but I think that my step mother thought I looked like a guy and she didn't get it. I think now that I am having some success, they are starting to see why I do it and they are supportive.

Q: Was the first show what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: I was very surprised by my first show. I did a big show for my first time and I loved seeing other girls that were like me. I, however, had dieted way too long and was not ready to compete at that level, and I felt very defeated. I was not mad at the other competitors, but I was furious with myself because I felt like I had let everyone down. I knew from the first show though, that I had to come back and show everybody that I could do this.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A:
*2005- Kentucky- Middleweight 3rd
*2006- Big Dusk Classic- Middleweight 1st and Overall 1st
*2006- Elite Muscle Classic- Light Heavyweight 2nd
*2009- GNC Classic- Middleweight 1st and Overall 1st
*2009- Jr. Nationals- Light Heavyweight 1st

Q: I love your physique and would put your arms and traps up against anyone in the sport. What do you consider your best bodypart or the one that gets the most compliments?
A: I guess that would have to be my traps.

Q: Do you have a favorite bodypart to train?
A: It changes all the time. Depends on what I am strongest on and hurts less.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: My training is pretty similar, I just incorporate cardio on-season. I eat really clean off season, but I eat a lot. The biggest difference is volume.

Q: When someone sees your physique for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: "Damn! That is a big bitch!" LOL

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: "You wanna wrestle?"

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female bodybuilders, or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: They think that we want to be men or don't like being female.

Q: Do you feel muscular women are more or less accepted today by society then five years ago?
A: Over the past five years, about the same. It mainly depends on where you are.

Q: Do you have any set goals in bodybuilding that you still hope to achieve?
A: I just want to keep getting better. That is all I ever want. If that means being a dominant Pro one day, that would be great, and if I don't, that would be o.k. too. I just want to be able to look back and think I did my best.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: I love meeting the other girls and being around other people like me. I do however, hate the tanning.....

Q: Do you have any favorite bodybuilders?
A: Kristy Hawkins, Annie Riveccio, and Cathy LeFrancois

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start bodybuilding, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: The biggest thing is making sure you are ready to be treated badly. If you are confident enough to walk around in a big body everyday, then go for it. If you get your feelings hurt easy, then run away, it is not for you.

Q; You also have a great website. Can you give the address out and tell people what they can find there.
A: www.kristibruceonline.com
There are pictures, videos, and blogs. We are new to this stuff so there will be more, the more we figure out.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Most of my old hobbies I haven't done in a while, but at one time I loved painting.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Kristi Bruce?
A: Right now working long days, training, lounging on the couch, and falling asleep.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: People make me nervous. I hate crowds and I am not good at talking to strangers.

Q: Any favorite movies, or TV shows or actors?
A: The Golden Girls.
I told you I was a geek.

Q: Describe Kristi Bruce in five words.
A: Driven, Resourceful, Passionate, Silly, and Child-like.

Q: Any set plans coming up as far as competing or anything else?
A: Hopefully USA's in July, and then playing it by ear.

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: My website, www.kristibruceonline.com and me as a struggling competitor....

Q; Are you looking for sponsors? If so, how can they contact you, and what are they getting in Kristi Bruce the athlete and competitor?
A: Of course, this sport is stupid expensive. I will not fade away. I am in the sport for the long run. I will push myself as hard as possible to get where I need to be. You can contact me through my website. I generate traffic wherever I put content.

Q: Again, Kristi, it has been great to have you do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Thanks for the opportunity....

No comments:

Post a Comment