Thursday, May 6, 2010

Angelique Kronebusch Interview







How do you get someone to not know much about you and then get them to be a huge fan? The answer is to be Angelique Kronebusch. I was not very familiar with Angelique until I asked her to do an interview. Sure I knew OF her, but not much ABOUT her. Since then we have chatted online several times and I have learned more about her, and I just think she is awesome. At the time I just saw her as some beautiful woman with a great physique. Now I know her as that same beautiful woman, but also an intelligent, determined, hard working, and dedicated athlete. I also know her as someone who has a passion for training others. Angelique has been competing for three years and improves each time, and I am excited to see her continue to improve, as I know she will. So here is your chance to get to know a little about Angelique Kronebusch.






Q: First, Angelique, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: No prob, thanks for asking me to do this!

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: I am Portuguese and Spanish, and I grew up in Osoyoos BC. It is a small desert town in the Okanagan Valley and very popular in the summer. I went to school all the way up to grade 12 and my graduating class was around 30 I believe. I moved around a bit but now I live in Kelowna BC and happy to be back in the sunny Okanagan valley.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: No I was not. I was very unmotivated and unhealthy. I did like some sports but it was always the ones in high school gym class where they only featured for a few days like soccer or floor hockey. I do remember weight training and always loved that.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: 2 reasons. I moved to Edmonton Alberta and winters there were very long. I decided that I needed to keep myself occupied besides going shopping and eating out with friends. Also I was gaining weight from all of my unhealthy habits, so I realized that I needed a lifestyle change. I was feeling sick and sluggish all of the time, so I started reading fitness magazines to educate myself. I learned a lot on my own about eating right and exercising.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: As soon as I stepped into the gym I was hooked! It was not long after that I started to see results in my arms and legs. I received a lot of compliments within a month of working out consistently and that helped with my motivation.

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: I became obsessed with girls like Monica Brant, Jaime Eason, Angela Mraz and Jennifer Hendershott. I pictured myself up on stage and wanted that to be a goal that I would achieve in my life. I finally got the nerve to sign up for a fitness model and bikini model competition and just went and did it. I had no idea what I was doing but I sure learned a lot along the way.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time?
A: I am not sure. I think a lot of people in my life thought that this was a little crazy and just a phase. Now I am on my 3rd year of competing.

Q: Was competing what you expected? Any memories of the first show?
A: I did not know what to expect when I first competed, except that I knew it would be hard. Memories of my first show was my terrible stage fright and that I realized that I was not prepared at all. Though it was a good experience, it was also a very stressful experience.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A:
*2008 FAME West Fitness Model and Bikini
*2009 FAME West Fitness Model and 5th Place Figure Physique
*2009 WBFF 4th Place Figure Short
*2009 FAME Canadian Nationals 2nd Place Fitness Model and 5th Place Figure Physique
*2010 FAME West 2nd Place Figure Physique and 5th Place Muscle Model
*2010 BCABBA Western Canadians coming May 22nd, Figure Short right here in Kelowna!

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: I think my lower body, quadriceps and gluteus maximus are probably my best features. Very defined and very little fat.

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: I like to do a lot of pull ups because I am really liking the definition that I am getting in my back.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: My weight training stays pretty much the same, 3 day split of Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, Back/Biceps and legs. I do enjoy full body workouts and really feel like I get better workouts this way, pushing myself hard and fast.
I add more cardio when I am prepping for competition. I really do not like steady state cardio so I like to do things like skip between sets, plyometrics and stairs.
I always eat 5 small meals per day, but when I prep for competition I lower my carbs and fats so I eat 7-8 smaller meals per day. I do not like to feel hungry.

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Most people compliment me on my dedication and how great I look, but there are some out there who think that I do not eat to look the way I do. I really dislike this comment because if they knew me, they would know this statement was untrue. I like to educate those people and let them know that it is impossible for me to put on muscle without proper nutrition. Muscle is very important to me, I do not want to be a skinny girl with no muscle.

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: "What do you eat?"

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: I cannot stand it when women come up to me and say "I want to compete" like it is a cool thing to do at the time, because most of the time they do not even know what this means. I have trained a lot of girls who wanted to "compete" and they dropped out because of the time, dedication and lifestyle changes. This is a lot of work, not just a thing you decide to do. I try to educate others about everything to expect like changes in social life, stress, diet etc.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The best part is being up there and feeling like you truly belong up there. The worst part for me is always the first month after the show, when you decide to eat something bad and make yourself sick, lol!

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: Yes, I really admire Angela Mraz. She looks amazing and strong

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: I really love chocolate anything. Also red wine

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Get a personal trainer, so much easier to learn the proper way to train and all the benefits that come along with proper training.

Q: Is fitness modeling something that interests you?
A: Yes for sure. I would love to be on the cover of Oxygen.

Q: Do you get a lot of friends asking for diet tips?
A: All the time.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love to hike, travel and I also love visiting different wineries in the Okanagan Valley. We have great wine here!

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Angelique Kronebusch.
A: Train clients, teach group classes, train myself, eat. Pretty much running all over like a maniac, lol!

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: How big my muscles look on my tiny little frame

Q: Describe Angelique Kronebusch in five words.
A: Motivated, Dedicated, Loyal, Caring and Explosive

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: With competing, I am going to focus on the WBFF next year and maybe try one other organization. Also I would like to travel more.

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: Yes, check me out on www.angeliquekronebusch.com and also on my facebook fan page www.facebook.com/AngeliqueFitness

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they getting in Angelique Kronebusch the athlete and competitor?
A: I definitely am looking for sponsors and they can reach me at akronebusch@ymail.com
I am a very hard working and motivated girl, and when someone helps me out I bend over backwards for them and would do so for any sponsor that I have. That is just who I am.

Q: Angelique, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Work hard at your goals, they are closer than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment