Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Competitors Edge by Vanessa Prebyl

A Weekly Blog By Nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

Hello to all!!! This week I am going to be talking about Competition Color or also known as your stage tan. As many of you know, your stage tan adds dramatically to your presentation and it is one of the criteria you will be judged on.

As I am preparing for a show, I usually tan in a tanning bed once every two weeks. I know all of the health risks, however, I have very fair skin. I feel that my base tan allows my stage color to look more natural and healthy.

I personally use Jan Tana for my stage color. I have it done by them professionally and they do an AMAZING job. I suggest you use Jan Tana's pre-scrub for 2 weeks prior (scrubbing with a exfoliating gloves). Remember to have someone scrub your back to make sure every part of your back is exfoliated. Once I start my pre-scrub I don't put on any other lotions or perfumes that I feel would not mix well with the Jan Tana products. Once I have my stage tan sprayed on at the show, I stay away from all water because the tan washes off with water. I also try to stay cool and not sweat because, even though you do the prep scrub, your sweat can turn your tan a little greenish. However, DO NOT put on deodorant because then you will turn bright green (Not good).

I know a few girls that have used Pro Tan. Some girls really liked it and some girls didn't. I have never used them before; however, they did mention that some people are stained by the product because it is medical grade color. Once again, I have never used Pro Tan; this is just what I have heard.

As for Self-applied products from Jan Tana or Pro Tan, please be careful. Practice applying tanning products at least a month before your show, so that if is doesn't work for you or if you do not feel comfortable with your self application, you have time to schedule a professional color. Yes, I have seen people turn green (it was not a pretty sight and no one could help. It just got worse and worse the more people tried). With that being said, if you do use self-application tanning products, make sure you follow the directions exactly. If done right, this is a great way to get good color and save some money. Just make sure you know what you are doing and have someone to apply the tanning product to your back and hard to reach places.

WARNING- Stay with the tanning product you choose for that show. You do not want to mix tanning products. For example, if you use Pro Tan for your color, do not use Jan Tana's glaze. The products are not made to work with each other and they will NOT, especailly under the hot lights on stage.

I hope this information helps you. if you ahve any additional questions pelase psot a cooment to this blog or feel free to email me at vanessaprebyl2000@yahoomail.com.

Quote of the Week:
"Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it that those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable"
- Lord Chesterfield


Much Love to all,
-Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment