Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sarah Barrick NPC West Texas Classic Interview



Ever been a fan of a sports team, and there is that player on your team's biggest rival, that even though you hate that team, you can't help but to like him. He is the kind of person that everyone just has to like. That is what Sarah Barrick makes me think of. That person that you just have to like and root for. Obviously beautiful, and obviously a great physique, but she is a fun, smart, and very kind woman as well. There is nothing negative you can say about her. Sara just recently took 1st place at the NPC West Texas Classic. She looked incredible. At only 22 years old she has such a long time to go in this sport, and is only going to get better. Sarah is a name that is going to be really well known in this industry, and it isn't far away. Here is my second interview with Sarah from right after her 1st place finish.




Q: Sarah, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.
A: Hey there Jason! Thanks for giving me the opportunity! You're awesome.

Q: For those who may have missed the first interview, can you tell a little about yourself.
A: Surely! I am 22 years old, I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico with my boyfriend and two dogs. I currently work at Max Muscle Sports Nutrition and will begin personal training this year. I have been competing for about a year and a half now, and can't get enough!!

Q: I suppose congrats are in order for you recent 1st place finish in the NPC West Texas Classic
A: Aww, thanks! The West Texas Classic is always a great show, run really well and a lot of fun!

Q: What does it feel like when they first announce your name as the winner?
A: It's kinda of hard to explain. But it's definitely very exciting. The first few shows I was called out, I kinda had to keep reminding myself of my number so I would respond


Q: After pre-judging were you feeling pretty good about your chances?
A: The prejudging totally flew by! It was so fast I could barely get into my poses quick enough. Afterward, I felt pretty good, but I don't usually worry too much about how things went, I'm more relieved that I didn't fall! haha!

Q: For those who haven't seen, I saw a couple photos, you looked amazing. Were you satisfied with the overall package you brought to the stage?
A: I was pretty satisfied with my condition and size for sure. In my future shows, though I would definitely like to be a bit harder and leaner especially in glutes/hamstrings.

Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you want to improve on for next time?
A: As far as my physique goes, I would like to have leaner/tighter glutes and harder/leaner abs as well. Most of my goals will just have to come with time and muscle maturity, that plays a BIG part in how I look.

Q: Was your prep for this show any different than for past shows?
A: Usually my prep is always kind of the same. It mostly depends on how lean or....out of shape I am at the beginning, hehe! But this prep was, as always, tons of fun and totally worth every minute!!

Q: After a show like that, is it a mental let down at all, now that the process is over?
A: After weeks and weeks of totally being consumed by everything fitness/diet/cardio... The break is always kind of nice. Although I don't really change a lot about how I live, but to not have to worry about the show itself everyday is really nice. I usually do feel a bit lost for awhile, but I tend to just get back to it and get in the gym!



Q: The week before a show like that, what are you thinking about Nervous, or excited, or what?
A: The week before is always the most fun for me. The last week protocols, for food and working out,are pretty specific so it keeps my mind busy. I also get really excited. After all the time and effort you put into your physique, pretty much all the hard work is done. You just have to relax and let your body peak just in time. It won't do what you want if you're stressed, so relax.

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what are you thinking about?
A: Always right before I'm going on stage I'm going over posing techniques, making sure my suit is on good, hair in order, and what my number is. haha! But mostly what exactly to do when I get out there by myself.

Q: When you are on stage do you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing?
A: Well, I like to look at something. So usually, I end up looking down toward the judges and it can be a little nerve racking when you make eye contact with them! haha, I'm thinking, "this is it!!" It's a grand ole multitasking event, keeping everything in place while smiling and trying to remember to breathe.

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
After a long day of minimal water, I ALWAYS crave fruit. At the West Texas, they had a dessert table, but I wasn't all that interested, so I grabbed grapes, strawberries, and an apple. And I get down a Gatorade to start re-hydrating my body. But then we went out to eat and I had a sandwich with french fries!

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
A: In every show I am always amazed at what other competitors look like. The girls bring it for sure and they are always impressive!


Q: Anyone you got to meet or see for the first time that you were excited about?
A: At this particular show, I didn't meet anyone that I hadn't met before. But I was excited to see IFBB Pro Jennifer Sedia out and about. She's awesome and so cool!

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next time?
A: Like I had mentioned before I mainly want to go into the next show harder and leaner. But again, that will come with time and muscle maturity.

Q: Outside of hearing your name as the winner, what will be your lasting memory from this show?
A: While waiting for the announcement of the overall winner, the two other class winners and myself were standing on stage. The MC was trying to kill time so he asked each of us what we were going to eat right after the show. The girls' reactions were "brownies" and "Mexican food" and when he got to me, I said sherbet. Everyone laughed at me!! But it sounded great!! haha

Q: Where does this rank in your list of accomplishments?
A: It's WAY up there. It's always nice to be rewarded for your hard work and time. I can't wait to do it again.

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: I am going to compete at the USA's in Las Vegas, Nevada the last weekend in July. It's a huge show, but I want to go and get a feel for what a BIG show will be like. I am not too worried about how I place, I just mainly want the experience. And I've been Nationally Qualified for the past two years, so why not!?!

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: Definitely my coach, IFBB Pro Jojo Ntiforo and my sponsor, Max Muscle Albuquerque.

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote.
A: Sure, Max Muscle Albuquerque!! Great supps and he hook everyone up!

Q: Looking for any sponsors? If so what are they getting in Sarah Barrick the athlete and competitor?
A: Always looking for sponsors!! They'd be getting a hard working, fun, energetic athlete!!

Q: Sarah, again, thanks for taking the time to do a second interview, and congrats on the 1st place. Any last words before you go?
A: Thanks again Jason for everything you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment