Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bethany Tomaszewski Interview





I am from Cleveland. So if I have a chance I am going to do everything I can to make a fellow Clevelander look good. But in the case of Bethany Tomaszewski, I don't have to do the work. She makes herself look good. Obviously she is beautiful. But she has a great physique, even more impressive considering she is so young. Also the beneift of being this good at her age, is she has so much time to keep building and look even more incredible. Her goal is to be on an IFBB stage by age 25. Will it happen? Only thing stopping it is herself. If she wants it she can get it and there is no doubt she will put in the work to get there. So for those not yet familiar with her, here is a chance to learn about someone you will be hearing a lot more about, the beautiful Bethany Tomaszewski.






Q: First, Bethany, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Anytime. I was pleased and honored you asked me!

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I was born and raised in a little town near Cleveland, Ohio. I'm completely different then my family. I don't even look like my parents! I'm like the odd ball out!

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports?
A: Hecccccccccck no. I wish. I was in bad relationship and wasn't allowed to do much without a fight, so I didn't even attempt!

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: Well my parents aren't gym goers what so ever, so right when I was 18 I went to the gym with my girlfriend Britt and we started out on a 2 week pass at Powerhouse.... after that, I was addicted. I shortly started working at Bally Total Fitness after that!


Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you saw results?
A: I started to read muscle mags/books (favorite publisher Robert Kennedy is a genius... tells it like it is and holds nothing back) and started educating myself so I didn't get hurt trying all these new things. It was a year I actually started to see results cause I was in the gym daily! I was hooked!

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you decide to compete?
A: I wasn't introduced to competing till I met a bodybuilder who I worked with. He started me out on a basic diet and I LOVED the structure and discipline of a diet. I've been on one ever since! I switched to a dietitian who motivated me to try Figure. She is my idol and I hope that one day to come somewhat close to what her body looks like!
Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time and how about now?
A: At first no, a lot of my friends are guys and when I mentioned it they thought I was going to look like a guy. After they saw my first show and seen how hot the bods are of Figure competitors they never said a word after that...and actually a few of them have picked up competing themselves! I started a trend...haha.

Q: Was competing what you expected or did anything surprise you?
A: I thought it was going to be like a beauty pageant where you see in the movies girls cutting up other girls dresses ect. I was surprised EVERYONE was so nice! It shocked me more then anything! Most girls seem snobby but not there! I was also shocked to be always one of the youngest competing. Everyone is normally in the mid to late twenties and early thirties. It just makes me excited to imagine what I'll look like then if I'm doing it now! IFBB here I come!


Q: What did competing teach you about yourself?
A: I'm a lot stronger then I thought and I can make some goooood ass healthy chicken!

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: Everyone loves my legs/calfs, their very built and defined all year round. Ohhh and everyone loves "Bethy's Backyard". I give credit to squats for my booty LOL.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: I lvoe trying new exercises...but I lvoe training back and legs the most. Thats probably why their not my weak areas LOL>
Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like?
A: I have a coach year round and I listen to her to the T. She's awesome! I hit a muscle group a day basically. It's modified with my diet and carb level. Coach Block has it mapped out for me always.

Q: When someone sees or hears you compete for the first time, whats the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Most people are now very supportive. When I first mentioned it and no one really knew what the "look" for Figure was it was slightly discouraged. When someone I don't know hears about me competing they normally ask me a bunch of questions and are interested in it.

Q: When they see or hear it that first time, what's the one comment or question you are most sick of hearing?
A: "How could you eat that?" I love my diet, the structure and discipline of it! I'll always be on one.

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: It's not just for men. You don't have to take steroids to gain muscle.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The last week of dieting, no flavor, dry food, iky. The best part is seeing the changes your body has made! It's surreal!!!! Also meeting sooo many great great people along the way!

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: Corey Everson, her body is INSANE! And her struggles in life that she overcame are definitely impressive. Also my coach, Sarah Block, she is awesome and has helped me so much. I wouldn't be where I am today without her!

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: My mom is a gourmet cook. Please I have wayyyyyy to many LOL.

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Get a coach and don't let ANYONE stop you from reaching your goals. There are always double the negative comments then there are positive when people hear that a woman is getting into a "guy" sport!

Q: Is fitness modeling something that interests you?
A: Definitely! When the Arnold was in town I took advantage of it. I would love to do a lot more!

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love anything that gives you an adrenaline rush. Sky diving, zip lining, surfing, bungee jumping, ANYTHING! I believe you should live life to the fullest since you only get one.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Bethany Tomaszewski.
A: Roll outta bed, shower, head to work, then train, home sweet home to cook some goodies LOL

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I'm probably too laid back. I am also a work-aholic.

Q: Describe Bethany Tomaszewski in five words.
A: Unique, Real, Independent, Determined, Strong.

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: Probably in November or next Spring. I want to make some SICK gains and really lean up. But I want to walk on an IFBB stage by the time I'm 25. I started young so I hope I can get my body there in time!

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: BLOCK TO BLOCK PHYSIQUES.

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they getting in Bethany Tomaszewski the athlete and competitor?
A: Always am, it always helps bring you to the next chapter in competing. You can reach me at bethanyleight@aol.com. They are getting an extremely determined, goal driven lady who is very ambitious and takes life as it comes while trying to make the best of every situation. i would love a sponsor who shares the same passion as I do for this sport (and yes I said sport).

Q: Bethany, again I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Thanks for taking the time to consider interviewing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment