Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Christine Calabrette-Mouser Interview


Christine Calabrette-Mouser is an example of somehow stumbling upon a competitor, and being so glad you did, but then wishing you had done so sooner. She recently did the Ronnie Coleman Classic and took 1st in Masters and 2nd in Class A. Pretty good for a debut. A beautiful woman with a great physique her goal, like many is her Pro card, and there is no reason to believe that goal is unattainable. It is very attainable. Haven gotten to talk with Christine a little, I have also found her to be a very pleasant woman. The kind you root for and wish good things for. You may or may not be familiar with Christine yet, but I would suggest you become familiar, because she is going places, and is a name you will be hearing a lot more of.






Q:First, Christine, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Well thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to introduce myself and tell your fans a little about myself.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I was born in New York but raised in Texas. I have a wonderful husband of 14 years, a step son that is 18, daughter-13, and a son-7. I own my own mobile dog grooming business that I started 11 years ago. I stay really busy between the kids, their activities, my business, and now being a figure athlete and working out all the time.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: I have always been athletic. I started gymnastics when I was 3 and competed from age 6-15. I quit because my body just was not handling it anymore. Alot of injuries and aches and pains. After gymnastics I became a diver for high school.
I actually started lifting weights for gymnastics when I was 12. So I have been around the gym for a while. During and after high school I was pretty religious with working out.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I was very comfortable in the gym being that I started lifting when I was 12. When I would hit the gym and diet really hard I would see changes with in 2 weeks.

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: I thought of myself to be too old to compete in anything until I saw a couple friends that have done it. I did not know figure competition even existed until I saw pictures of my friends transformation. I was in such amazement at her pictures and how well she looked, my husband saw my expression on my face while I was showing him the pictures and he said. "you should do it!" That is all it took for me to just dive right in. So I found the greatest trainer, Cedric Godbolt and we started my journey.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time?
A: I am so blessed to have family and friends that all support me in everything that I do.

Q: Was competing what you expected? Did anything surprise you about it?
A: I really did not know what the competition would be like. I was trying my hardest not to think about that and concentrate on just getting ready for the competition. The only thing that really surprised me was the tanning process. HAHAhah

Q: Can you share your contest history
A: My first contest was the Ronnie Coleman Classic 2010, and I placed 1st in Masters and 2nd in Class A overall. I was amazed how well I did at my first show. Especially after seeing how great all the women looked. It was very intimidating at first, but all the ladies were so nice!

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: Well, I would say my back. But have been told my hamstrings and calves also.



Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: My training routine and diet change all the time.

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: They all want to know what I do for a living and how I train. When I tell them I am a figure athlete they do not know what that is. So I explain to them and they can not believe that I can fit all of it in my everyday life.

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: I have not gotten sick of hearing any questions or comments from anyone.

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: That this is a sport and we prepare just like any other athlete would prepare for their sport.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The dieting and the 2 a day workouts.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I admire them all.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: My weakness is chocolate, or just sugar in general! haha



19. If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I just take care of my zoo: 2 dogs, a gecko, an iguana, 2 ferrets, and a frog and spending time with my family.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Christine Calabrette-Mouser.
A: A typical day for me is to wake up at 4:30 and workout, get home and make coffee, let dogs out and feed them and the other animals, wake husband and kids, eat, drive kids to school, get myself ready and leave for work. Groom dogs till about 2 pm, pick up kids from school, kids homework, lunches packed, dinner, laundry, sometimes night cardio, kids ready for bed and finally I get to shower and lay in bed to watch my shows that I have recorded. Okay I am tired now just writing that . hahah

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: Just how much that I can fit in one day.

Q: Describe Christin Calabrette-Mouser in five words.
A: Hardworking, Dedicated, Caring, Multi tasked, and Loyal

<

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I plan on competing in Nationals and earning a pro card.

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I would love to try to make money in this industry whether it is fitness modeling or endorsements.

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you?
A: Yes, I would be interested in a sponsor and can be reached at jcmouser@att.net.

Q: Christine, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank you again for giving me this interview and the opportunity to introduce myself .

No comments:

Post a Comment