Saturday, July 17, 2010

Jessica True Jr. Nationals Interview





Did she win? No. Will she win? For sure. In her first National show, Jessica True stepped on stage, and was an incredible combination of beauty and physique. She says in this interview she didn't want to look like the girl who didn't belong. Well Jessica will always belong. In fact, girls will be looking at her and wondering if they belong. For those who may think Bikini girls don't train and work hard, look no further than Jessica and you will find that to be totally false. Jessica is poised to do great things in this industry, and I look forward to seeing each new great thing she does.





Q: Jessica, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.

Q: For those who may be unfamiliar, can you tell a little about yourself?
A: Born & raised KY girl. I grew up in Georgetown, currently reside in Lexington. I'm a staff Accountant for a non-profit organization and NPC bikini competitor.

Q: First I must say congrats on the Jr. Nationals. I thought you looked incredible.
A: Thank you. I'm not sure there is anything to be congratulated for!

Q: As a show itself what did you think of it?
A: The power outage was a huge inconvenience! The show was ran very professionally and it was a great experience for my first national show. I liked getting the freebies at the expo.

Q: I have seen a couple people blame the electricity problem saying it threw them off. Did it have any effect on you?
A: No, it was exhausting, don't get me wrong, but I don't cut water, carb load, etc. so there was no affect on me.


Q: After pre-judging how were you feeling about your chances?
A: I got second call outs and knew about where I had placed..

Q: How did you feel about the overall package your brought to the stage?
A: I felt pretty good about myself. I thought my suit "popped" on stage and I looked like I belonged up there. My biggest fear was being the girl that everyone wondered "why is she up there?"

Q: What part of your physique would you say was the one you have improved the most
the last year?
A: I thought my legs looked better.

Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you
wan to improve on?
A: Glute/ham tie in

Q: Did your prep go as smoothly as hoped for?
A: It couldn't have gone better. It was easier this time because my boyfriend was dieting for this show as well.

Q: Is there a point in the prep process where you say "O.K. I am ready?
A: Yeah, a few weeks out I felt I was ready so I had to maintain.

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next
time?
A: Yes, it keeps getting stressed that they want bikini girls "soft" and not as lean. I didn't do any cardio this time and tried to come in softer and it just
wasn't what the judges were looking for. Next time my thighs and abs will definitely be leaner!

Q: After a show like that, are you mentally drained at all?
A: A little. The last 20 miles into the city took us 2 1/2 hours, making our total trip from KY 8.5 hours. Then you have 2 days doing nothing but sitting in the hotel room after getting tanned, after you have been dieting for several weeks.

Q: The week before a show like that, what were you thinking about? Nervous or
excited, or what?
A: Two weeks before I was nervous. I had been working with someone designing my suit and when I went to pick it up it wasn't anything like I wanted. I was competing in another show the next day. As soon as I got back into town I was online for several hours trying to find my suit for this show. Once it was delivered I became excited about visiting a new city and it being my first national show.

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what were you thinking
about?
A: I'm not a girlie girl at all! It's hard for me to have sass so I was thinking
about my stage presence.

Q: When you are on stage did you try and read the judges reactions at all or just
focus on what you are doing?
A: I looked at the judges one time. I just tried to focus on posing and smiling.

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: I had Chicago style pizza from Giordano's.

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
A: I knew immediately that Jessica Jessie had won my class as well as the Overall. There's always the one girl that stands out.

Q: Anyone you got to meet or see for the first time that you were excited about?
A: No, I saw Dave Palumbo on the elevator but was too far away to get to him.

Q: How important is support from family and friends at a show like this?
A: I don't do this for anyone other than myself but it's very nice to know the ones around me support me and are there to encourage me along the way.

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: KY State, Saturday, August 7

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: I would like to thank all my friends, family & boyfriend for their support. I would also like to thank Liquid Sun Rayz for my tan.

Q: Jessica, again you looked incredible and I am positive you will keep improving
and look even better. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank you, Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment