Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why Do U Do It??? by Jessica True


Everyone goes into a competition with the hopes of doing well. When you invest so much energy, time and money into achieving your goals it can be very disheartening to feel you got overlooked. I've had girls tell me that they do this for themselves, which I understand and admire. I had the opportunity to meet a very unique individual in Chicago. SH had a beautiful physique. I was even more drawn to her because of her beautiful personality. She never places top 5 in shows but continues to compete. She told me this was her reward to herself for training hard. Someone told her she should get feedback from the judges and her response was "who are they?". "I do not need someone else to validate me." I thought that was great! This sport is very subjective. It's difficult to compare people of different shapes and hair color. Ohio likes you bigger, Kentucky likes you more conditioned, it's a very political sport and the list goes on.... You just have to remember that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

On a side not, I need some help with naming my blog... any suggestions? Thanks!

XOXO Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment