Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Competitors Edge by Vanessa Prebyl

A Weekly Blog By Nationally Ranked Bikini Competitor Vanessa Prebyl

Hello!!! I hope everyone is having an AMAZING week!! This weeks blog is all about makeup and competing.

First, I do not do my own stage makeup. I wish I was able to; however, I do not know what color to use and I would most likely not put it on dark enough. With that being said, I usually have my makeup done by J Zubire, Elained Goodlad, or have it done through Jan Tana. I have used all of these sources and they all do AMAZING work!!

I use for my lips right before I go on stage:
MAC Makeup
* Lipstick: Viva Glam V (5)- Lustre
* Lip Liner: Lip pencil in Hover or Quartz
* Lip Gloss: Dazzleglass in She-zam

Victoria Secret
* Lip Gloss: Beauty Rush-Clear (Sugar High)

One of the best makeup artists- J Zubire also shared with me the following:
* Best Colors for stage are matted colors in taupe, reds or mauves
* Recommend from MAC, Taupe, Rubby Woo, Girl About Town, Touch, Viva Glam (all)
* Do not use those with an orange base, no brown or those in the nude.

Also as many competitors know, the stage tan lasts a few days after the competition but is much lighter. I use the following foundation in order to try to match my face to my body tan. **Reminder** As in all makeup people may have different skin tones for example, olive, bronze, pale. I am fair skinned so this color works best for me.

MAC Makeup
* Studio Fix Fluid- SPF 15 (NW 35)
* Pressed- Blot Powder (Dark)
* Prep and Prime- Translucent Finishing Powder ( TIP: This can also be used on show night if you get a little shiny)
* Black Zoom Mascara

I hope this information helps and if anyone has any tips for me PLEASE feel free to email me and let me know. Thank you so much!!

Furthermore, as many of my readers know, I competed in the USA Bikini Championships Class C and took 2nd :-) THis is my third National show and I am very proud of all my placings. I ahve been working for my Pro card and I am all lined up for another Natinal show- Jr. USA's in Texas on August 28th. Wooohooo!!! Throughout all of my competitions I ahve realized that one of the best things I ahve been able to get out of competing is really finding myself, what I want, and building AMAZING friendships :-)

Quote of the Week:
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Watch out for me at the Jr. USA's in Texas on August 28th!!! Wooohooo :-)

Much love to all!!!
-- Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment