Monday, January 31, 2011

Rita Penteado Interview


If I were to be asked name the one bodybuilder who does not get as much credit as she deserves, Rita Penteado is easily my answer. The goal is to win right? Rita does..... every time. She has won every show she has done. She has been unable to do National shows due to being Brazilian. That is a shame because I truly believe Rita could do those and continue winning. She is prepping for the Arnold's, and seeing her on stage will be a highlight of the weekend for me. Rita is also an incredibly nice person, offering me support in my own goals. Rita brings a physique, beauty, stage presence and energy to the stage that very few can match.





Q: Rita, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.
A: My pleasure being on your website again!

Q: For those who may have missed the first interview, can you tell a little about
yourself.
A: Well, I am originally from Brazil and came to the US in 2008. I've been training
since I was 15 but only started competing at 25. I am graduated in Physical
Education by a very respected Brazilian University and was working as a personal
trainer before I moved here. Fitness is my passion and I dedicate my life to a
healthy lifestyle and hard training. That's what makes me happy!

Q: Congrats on 2010. What were your feelings on the shows you did?
A: Thanks again! I am very satisfied with the results from 2010 and extremely excited
for 2011. I've been working to improve my physique and learning more and more about
diet and contest preparation every day, so hopefully I will show a great
improvement this season.

Q: So you have won every show you have done, but because of not being a citizen you
have been unable to do National shows. Does that get frustrating? Would you like to
be able to step up and do National shows?
A: Oh sure!!!! I wont call it frustrating but its more challenging (well, a little
frustrating...)....I have to figure out ways to go to higher levels of competition.
I am only allowed to do regional shows and, even been qualified for National level,
I cant do it because I am Brazilian...I should compete Nationals in my country, but
living here in US makes it a little complicated to travel all the way there to
compete (and very expensive too).


Q: After pre-judging do you have a good idea about how you will finish?
A: We always look at the pre-judging pictures before the night show to check out what
I should improve, if I posed nicely and also to see the opponents strong/weak
points so we can have an idea of what to do for the night show. The most important
part is the pre-judging, when the decisions are made. If u know u did great, then
is time to plan the battle for the Overall.

Q: You look amazing every time. How did you feel about the overall package your
brought to the stage in 2010?
A: Awwwwww, Thank you very very much! I give a lot of attention to all the details I am going to show on stage. I think bodybuilding is not only about the physique/muscles
itself but the complete presentation, so I focus on my hair, make up, suit, nails
and performance so that I walk on the stage looking as feminine and pretty as I can
look and always bring my best smile to the stage.

Q: What part of your physique would you say made the biggest improvements in the
last year?
A: My lower body for sure. I am working hard on it and its improving very very well!


Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you
wan to improve on?
A: More thickness and more details in my glutes, hamstrings, quads, inner thighs and
lower lats/lower back...all the power parts.

Q: Did your prep go as smoothly as hoped for this year?
A: Yes, its going as planned and I am very positive with the results.

Q: Is there a point in the prep process where you say "O.K. I am ready"?
A: As I am walking to the stage for the pre-judging, I always carry the "I-am-ready"
feeling. Always extremely positive, knowing I did my best for that moment.

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next time?
A: Just come in better, improved, more symmetrical and more conditioned. We always
have something to improve. Bodybuilding is a sport where u will always have
something to get better...its about creating yourself and getting better and better
every time.

Q: After a show , is it a mental let down at all, now that the process is over?
A: No. I always feel hungry for more! After the show, I check my pics, see what I like
and what I could make better and guide my workout for it! Competing makes me
inspired to improve my physique and get as muscular and conditioned as I can, while
keeping myself feminine and pretty. I have a vision of the body that I want to
build and that's what I am working to reach. I got a trophy in one of my shows and I
just LOVE that sculpture, so I decided I want to look like that...everyday I see
that pretty muscular girl on my desk and put my face on her body.


Q: The week before a show, what are you thinking about? Nervous or excited, or what?
A: I am always very excited and positive! I look back and see all the way I walked to
get there and, seeing the work done is an awesome feeling of victory....just for
not giving up and doing the whole preparation without losing the focus on what I
wanted to build. The support of my fans is very important and I really appreciate
all the positive energy and incentive you guys send to me in my journey about
creating myself.

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what are you thinking
about?
A: I am thinking, "lets do it! I'm here to show the best Rita I can show"

Q: When you are on stage do you try and read the judges reactions at all or just
focus on what you are doing?
A: I focus on what I am doing and just try to show them my best...they always give me
a very nice and positive look back. Its great!

Q: Whats the first thing you eat once it is over?
A: That's a GOOD question! I plan so muuuuuch what I would like to eat when its over
that I never know what I want first! What I know, for sure, and is the BEST thing
in the world is....WATER!!!!!! HEHE Also, my stomach is so tiny after all the
months of diet that, even wanting to eat (and being allowed too!!!!) it doesn't fit
so much food...lol...no fairrrrrrr!


Q: How important is support from family and friends during prep and when on stage?
A: Its extremely important! Without their support is easier to give up or don't give my best. They push me if I am not as inspired as I should and always show how positive
energy can make u keep going.

Q: Which trophy are you most proud of at this point?
A: Each trophy has its own story. My first trophy is very important because its the
one that initiated all this big picture I am creating. I have extra care for that
one.

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: Yes, I did. You guys will see my progress on the next Arnold Amateur stage in 2011,a big and important show for me.

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process this past year?
A: Yes. I want to thank all my fans, friends and family for the support and a SUPER
SPECIAL thanks to my boyfriend Justin, who is also my contest coach and biggest
believer in my potential.

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: I would like to promote the 2 best gyms I've ever been and that really put me into
the sport: Power Fitness, the gym where I work as a trainer and is a place to get
inspired (the gym has over 400...yes, literally over 400...motivational quotes
everywhere u look, from the ceilings to the floor!) and it really helps u keep
going and don't give up. Its the most inspirational gym in the world, very colorful
and full of good energy! You feel very motivated to workout since you first step
into that place! Also, Powerhouse Gym, in Syosset has an extremely special place in
my heart, because there I started being a competitor and always had all the support
from everyone, from the members to the owners...that place is like a family and I
am very thankful for them making me feel so welcome. I arrived there and my English
wasn't very good...I was shy and they were always patient and had a positive
attitude stimulating me to compete, which now is my passion!

Q: Would you like to get involved with fitness modeling?
A: That's something cool. Sometimes I do some photo shoots when dieting and I enjoy
that. I look at the pics to keep myself inspired and don't get out of shape. .

Q: Looking for any sponsors? If so what are they getting in Maria Rita Penteado the
athlete and competitor?
A: Sponsors are very welcome. I am working and improving myself and, specially now,
going on a big stage like the Arnold Amateur is a great time for sponsors to get
the best I can give. They will have a very feminine and gracious
athlete with positive and happy attitude, showing a blend of femininity, muscularity
and symmetry. To me the ultimate challenge is "how developed, conditioned and
proportioned can a female become while still maintaining her feminine features...I think that is the true beauty (and ultimate challenge) of female bodybuilding. My goal,should I be able to earn a pro card, is to compete in the new "Physique"
division as it sounds like something that is in line with my vision I see for myself in the future. I'd like to see how far I can take it and how good I can become while
maintaining a certain blend of femininity and muscularity. I believe you can do
both! That blend is different and unique to each individual. I admire the top female bodybuilders in the sport today for how developed they are,but that's not my vision for myself. I compete at 125 lbs...my future vision is a vastly improve version of myself but at somewhere around 130 lbs., not 150 lbs or 160 lbs...I respect the level of development of today's top pro bodybuilders but I don't want that for myself. Its just my personal preference. Hopefully the new variety in female divisions help increase opportunity for ALL the female athletes
so that they can make money just like the men. Women are more appealing and sexy
to look at for advertisers than the men but yet the men make all the money. Why?
There are WAY more female competitors than male competitors...just add up the
numbers at any amateur show...its completely lopsided in favor of the females!
Hopefully the creation of this new division will help create more interest, appeal
and opportunity for muscular female athletes and bring more interest
from supplement companies. I'm a hard worker and a very friendly genuine person
and would represent anyone's company in a positive light. So anyone interested in
speaking with me further about sponsorship is more than welcome to contact me...and
I hope they do! I feel I have alot to offer but for now I'll just continue to
improve and work at continuing my streak of success....its been a fun ride so far.


Q: Rita, you have become someone I really admire and you have encouraged me in my
goals and it means so much. You are one of the really good people in this industry
and I know 2011 will be great for you. Any last words before you go?
A: Thanks Jason!!!! You are doing a great job improving your physique and its my pleasure to support you in your journey. You support me too giving me incentive and promoting me as an athlete. Thanks for all your help and I hope 2011 will be a great year for you and for all my fans! Hope to see you guys rooting for me in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment