Thursday, May 26, 2011

Carla Jennings Interview


Carla Jennings went to a bodybuilding show and realized she could do that. She could be on stage. Looking at her competition history and placings you will see that Carla was very right in that belief.



Q: First, Carla, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I grew up in a small town near West Point, NY called Highland Falls. Growing up in a small town has it's advantages and some disadvantages because there wasn't too much to do, so I would jog or ride my bike around town. I am the youngest of 6, I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. We grew up very close and are very close today..

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: I played sports in high school, soccer was my main thing but then I started cheerleading which was fun because I was good at them both.


Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: I didn't start going to a gym until after college. I went to school in Brooklyn, Long Island University, we had a small gymnasium but nothing serious so I would do a little bit there since I was a Blackbird cheerleader and had to get into that little cheerleading suit, so I made sure I kept myself looking good when I was cheering for the Blackbirds! I would jog over the Brooklyn bridge, and around LIU's soccer field.
Once I started working, I would go to the gym to take classes, mainly aerobics anything to get my heart rate up and sweat off the fat.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A; Training was something that has always been a part of me, and once I started watching my diet, I began to see results

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A; I went to a local body building show and saw some of the girls from my gym in the show, and I looked at them and said "I can do this"


Q: Is competing something your family and friends supported?
A: I had my fan club rooting me on during my first couple of shows, but after a while they missed the old Carla and wanted me to be the old me. It took them some time to realize, the old Carla is not coming back, this is who I am.

Q: Was competing what you expected or did anything surprise you about it?
A; I love a challenge, so it was what I expected as it is challenging to be against someone else after putting in all the work and now it is between you and others for the WIN.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
*2007 - OCB Tri State Women's Body Building 2nd place
*2007 - OCB Womens Body Building 1st Place
*2008 - OCB Womens Body Building 1st Place - IFPA PRO
*2010 - OCBS

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: ARMS

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train?
SHOULDERS & BACK

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: I train at Diamond Gym with Dwayne McDaniels who is an ARTIST when it comes to what you are lacking

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Always POSITIVE, I am told I have a nice physique, and I tell them "I GOT IT FROM MY MOMMA"



Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Carla Jennings.
A: Rise and Shine early to train before work which helps me focus and makes me sharp at work. When I reach home, I train a couple of people a few days during the week, then I get home eat, read through my emails and pick up my book to read a couple of pages before calling it a good night.

Q: Describe Carla Jennings in five words.
A: MOTIVATED and always willing to help others

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I LOVE JESUS

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I plan to step on stage in July 2011

Q: Carla, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment