Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bethany Tomaszewski Interview




Photo Credits:
Photo 2: DSW Photography
Photo 3: Her Biceps
Photo 4: NAAFS



My first introduction to Bethany Tomaszewski was as an MMA ring card girl. Then I learned she also competed in figure. Very few people came met embrace and love the fitness lifestyle as much as Bethany, so it is no surprise how much she constantly looks better and better.

Q: Can you talk about how you got started in the gym?
A: I was very skinny and started working in the gym. I met a bodybuilder and he kind of did my diet and got me healthy and lifting and into the sport.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and why did you decide to compete?
A: I would say about two years. I only wanted to do one show to say I did it and get on stage and get it off my bucket list. Then it got addicting and saw more progress and changes and it became addictive like a drug.

Q: What about it was addicting?
A: Just seeing progress and seeing what your body can do. Seeing it how your body handles it and how it changes. Seeing how fast your body can grow with changes to the diet and training and cardio and all the good stuff.

Q: The first time, were you nervous?
A: Not really cause I was used to being in front of a bunch of people because of NAAFS. You don't really see anybody on stage, just the judges up front and everyone else is black in the crowd. You cant see them.

Q: Why figure?
A: Not to put down bikini because they are getting up there and doing what they wanna do. I train a different way and diet a certain way. I train like a bodybuilder more or less, a little harder I guess you would say. Not saying that they don't, but sets and reputations are a little different.

Q: You mentioned NAAFS, how did being a ring card girl maybe help you with competing?
A: I don't really know. I was used to being in front of a big crowd, so I guess it got me over that haha.

Q: When are you competing next?
A: Probably late October but I am gonna peak for November 17th. That will be my final show. I will see how my body progresses with my diet and training. Really hit it hard to see what my body can do and pick out a show for October.

Q: I mentioned at the gym that your lats have really improved, is that something you have been working on?
A: Oh yeah! That is my weak area. I am hippy and that is not a good thing for figure, to have hips and curves, it isn't the thing they are going for. I had to make my wings a little bit bigger to make the illusion my hips are smaller. That's my main focus with my shoulders to.

Q: You mentioned being "hippy", you have big legs in a good way...
A: Thank you.

Q: Do you have to be careful not to let them get too big?
A: I have actually brought them down quite a bit since I started. I used to be all legs and no upper body or back. I had to take it down a notch and not train legs so hard. My legs just grow, genetically they are just big and there. I have to watch that.

Q: From last show to the next one is there anywhere specific you want to be better?
A: Oh Yeah! I changed a lot. I took two years off just to see what my body could do and change it as much as I could. So basically I have been on a non-stop diet, off-season and on-season, not drinking or anything to change my body. So probably, my lats and shoulders. Like I said, I am hippy.

Q: In the gym, it's not common to see girls training as hard as the guys, do you get a lot of attention or stares from people?
A: Oh yeah! Really anywhere you go, if you are a girl not doing the normal girl routine just doing cardio and stuff, cause most girls are intimidated by weights and cables. They don't understand the structure of the body and how to work out in certain ways. Doing stuff that guys do, you are gonna get stares and get gawked at. It comes with the sport.

Q: Are you more of a dress to cover-up and avoid attention or dress to show it off person?
A: I don't do either. I just dress comfortably. I usually wear a beater or a local bodybuilding company, and shorts and whatever I am comfortable in.

Q: Is fitness modeling something that interests you?
A: Yeah, when I am doing a show and cut-up. I would like to be in my best shape. I don't wanna go and be out of shape.

Q: If you could spend a day training with any one person, who would it be?
A: That's tough. Locally I definitely wanna train in Columbus with John Meadows or Louie Simmons. Famous wise, either Branch Warren or Larissa Reis.

Q: Anyone you want to thank?
A: Everyone who has pushed me along the way up. Family, friends, bodybuilders locally or even internationally. People who have said some kind words on facebook and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you won't guess what muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and burns fat.

    If this "secret" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.

    ReplyDelete